Sunday, August 3, 2008

special messages

This last week, I was able to go visiting teaching with my companion, April Pope, to two ladies on two separate days. I really enjoyed this months message. It was about our bodies and how special they are. I really loved a quote in it by President Gordon b. Hinckley that has really stood out to me and I have been thinking about it a lot.

President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008): "Our bodies are sacred. They were created in the image of God. They are marvelous, the crowning creation of Deity. No camera has ever matched the wonder of the human eye. No pump was ever built that could run so long and carry such heavy duty as the human heart. The ear and the brain constitute a miracle. . . . These, with others of our parts and organs, represent the divine, omnipotent genius of God" ("Be Ye Clean," Ensign, May 1996, 48).

I love the part he mentions abour our eyes and our hearts! Our bodies truly are unique and they are amazing! I was so grateful I went visiting teaching this month and was able to not only read the message for myself, but discuss the thoughts with three other women and hear their thoughts on the message. I know that i can receive blessings in my life for striving to do the best and one of my blessings was to be reminded of how very special I am and what a gift Heavenly Father has given me by allowing me to have a body.

I am grateful for this temple and hope I can do better to create a more beauftiful temple and better exemplify how I want to be.

No comments: