Wednesday, August 20, 2008

my husband

WOW! we have been married for 3 years today and I can't believe it. sometimes, it feels like we were just married and other times, it seems like it has been much longer. and both ways are positive. Trevor is so great to me. He is such a blessing in my life. he is a great father and husband. i am very grateful for how easily school comes for him. i'm grateful he chose a very good career and is sticking with getting his education. most of his classes, he has seen other students struggling to understand the concepts and he is able to understand them very well. we have both seen in our families the difficulties with schooling and now how very important it is to get the education to have a backup. I know that it has been more and more difficult to stick with college, but i know even more how much it will be worth it. if i ever get a teaching job, i will start in nv at about $30,000 whereas when he graduates, he will start at about $60,000! he was able to get and maintain scholarships that have paid us back for him going to school and he also got us a pell grant for a couple of years.otherwise, i know i would not have gotten my degree.

i am so grateful for his comedy. he is able to make me laugh and help me feel better when i am grumpy or upset. i love talking with him. he listens and understands me so well. of course, our marriage isn't perfect, but he works with me so we can understand each other. sometimes, when neither one of us can fall asleep, we will stay up and just talk. those are one of my favorite times. we just talk about the future, or our worries. he understands that sometimes i don't know what to say to make things better.

i am so grateful for the wonderful father he is. i have written about it in the past a little, but every sunday, i see him sitting with craig and doing such a great job of teaching our son at an early age the important things about church. craig has so much fun playing with his daddy and goofing off. and then when craig gets in trouble, he listens to trevor so much better, i am grateful for the strength he provides for our family. i don't want him to be the bad guy, always disciplining, but it is apparent that craig knows to listen to his daddy (usually).

trevor helps me when i need help. for example, last night, i was getting craig ready to take a bath and took off his clothes (except diaper) and sent craig in the other room while i still grabbed his pjs out and his lotion, toothbrush, found a pacifier and teddy. well, i go into the other room and trevor is already getting him in the tub and the water going! i didn't need to ask him, but it was so nice to know that i have someone there to help me.
well, i could go on and on, but i need to get other things done today. i am grateful that i was able to take the time to remind myself of the wonderful qualities in my husband and be reminded that Heavenly Father really blessed me when i met Trevor.

No comments: