Wednesday, August 20, 2008

encouragement

i found out yesterday morning that the school i 'interviewed' at for a long term sub, does not need me. i have tried to keep a positive attitude about everything, especially for Trevor. But yesterday, there just really seemed to be no hope. I know that the longer it takes me to get a full time job, the longer we can't get a house and can't really have another child.

i knew my mom wanted to know when i heard anything about the subbing, so i called her and it was wonderful. she reassured me that everything would work out. Heavenly Father is watching over us and she would continue to keep us in her prayers.

it seems like everyone is having problems. Dad is having to let go of many workers and can't find much work, which affects a lot of us. Anne and Megan depend on him for school money, enoch depends on the business, we still live with them and were hoping for help with a downpayment, but now don't think that will ever happen. and Luke and Heidi are still under 18. Abraham seems to be doing ok, but Christian and Crystal are having a very difficult time in their marriage. mom told me she's praying for everyone so much! for Trevor and i to both get jobs.
it really is like Bishop Scroggins always mentions (he mioght be quoting someone else, i can't remember) but if you treat everyone like they are in the middle of a crisis, just got through a crisis, or is about to be in a crisis, 99% of the time, you will be correct. And i think especially with the economy become weaker and the housing market so low, i think it does apply to people.

The end result is we must have faith. I need t do better on the things i'm struggling with so that Heavenly Father can bless us for everything we are doing. I do know that if we keep things up (fhe, scriptures, temple, prayers, tithing, fast offering, serving, etc) if we do as much as we can, Heavenly Father will bless us. and I always have to remind myself that just because we have a plan, does not mean it is also our Father in heaven's plan. I need to try and get my life as best in line with what He would want me to be doing and trust that He will take care of us. right now, i especially pray for His peace to help me understand and feel calmer. i know how very much He loves us. I know He will watch over us. i just need to be patient and trusting.

No comments: