Friday, July 25, 2008

job info and more

I still have not heard anything about the job interview I had on tuesday, but I think that's just fine. The school was kind of far and I figure Heavenly Father will help things work out the best in the end. I just need to trust Him better and do my part.

we had a new home teacher come over on Sunday and he challenged us to improve ourselves spiritually and stop the nagging that we feel for ourselves. So, i decided we need to have family scripture time better. i feel a little silly doing it with Craig, just 19 months, but I know it is very important. I know that he can begin to learn things and feel the spirit (probably connected to heaven more than I am). so i am trying to at least talk about spiritual things once a day with him. I hoping it will become a pattern for the rest of our family life.

the other night, Trevor and I were both tired, but could not fall asleep. We got to talk a little bit. It was wonderful. It makes me tired the next morning, but i love to stay up later just talking and understanding one another better. I am so grateful for my great husband and the wonderful friend he is to me. I often think to myself that I really don't have many friends. I do it to myself. (i feel like we'll be moving from our ward soon and just busy with college, and age difference in our ward. we just never have reached out too far) But i know that I do have some people who care, i always have family and i will always have my best friend, my husband Trevor.

This morning I got to drive Trevor to work and also picked up Anita (her new car was getting some more upgrades). I was listening to the radio and these two hosts (Mark and Mercedes) were talking about miscarriages, difficulties with getting pregnant and joy over the little things. I loved it! I don't know what the future will hold, but as soon as we decided to try, we got pregnant immediately. I have been very grateful for the blessing and for the tremendous blessing Craig is in our lives. He has been the best spirit in our lives, even while both of us were still going to school. I know Heavenly Father blessed us for starting our family amidst difficulty and not having much. we are still with my parents, but they have blessed us so much with sharing and helping watch Craig so much. I can't believe that I got a bachelor's degree after having had a baby and with no real means on income (on my part). I have so many blessings!

Trevor has worked so hard, in class, at home and at work. He is so very smart and is great. My mom watched Craig while I had classes. and Craig is probably one of the easiest babies I will ever have. Trevor and I were both on scholarships and the pell grant and received a refund for going to school!! Heavenly father truly will POUR out the blessings when we follow His commandments.

No comments: