Tuesday, July 29, 2008

importance of family

we had our first family home evening last night. We talked a little about the bras plates and learning about our geneology. We then talked about our family and Craig's grandparents. We colored our family apple tree. I think it wwent pretty well for our first. Trevor and i are really wanting to have a little more structured time in our day with Craig andso I'm very glad we are able to start doing more things.

It really is a blessing in my life to have such great family members in my life. I know that when reading the scriptures, the prophets all focus on the good and bad things the people learned from their fathers. I hope that in our family, Trevor and I can be a good influence and create righteous patterns in our lives.

I like to have the ensign or a good magazine in the bathroom. it allows me to read articles, pieces at a time and really digest the parts I read. We got the february leadership training with the ensign. I have loved reading through it! It has such great counsel from our leaders! There are so many good things that they taught me. they really discussed things about the family proclamation and give me inspiration of how to better our lives. I really believe that we need to follow our leaders directions and our lives will be happier and better.

No comments: