Sunday, September 7, 2008

struggling

Last week, with my class, i had a very hard week. i have several students who like to act out and then they are just very talkative and immature! but Friday was a little better. i'm trying my best to encourage and reward positive behaviors. i looked up tons of ideas from other teachers that i got all last year. i was even going to video record so i could see what i could do better. i talked with the two other teachers before school started and they reassured me that things will get better and it is not just me or just my class. all of them are having a hard time, but it will get better. one of them was the lady i had my practicum with last fall. she is really a great teacher and everyday i think about how she taught something. she was so sweet. she said that if her daughter was going to the school, she would put her in my class and not worry about it.
Friday was better.

i think i'm having a harder time because craig is being more grumpy too. i am so grateful for the sweet moments with him that remind me how precious he is and how i still need to teach him too.

i'm also sick, with a cold and my head is all congested. it makes me appreciate all the times that i feel better. i'm glad that we don't get sick very often.

i got a random call this week, from Laura (Henrie) Pennock. it was such a surprise but it was nice to talk to her again. we went to high school together and she was my best friend the last two years of it. it was nice to hear how she is doing. i am very grateful for her friendship during high school and the good impact she had on my life.

No comments: